Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cyborg Helios Custom Repaint


The mighty Helios and "the walking bucket of hair gel" reunited at last.



I have been wanting to do anime-based repaints for a long time but I do not have enough paint and willpower to do it.


That was until that YouTube Vid inspired me to pick up whatever I have with me and get down to business.

Although I deviated from the paint job shown in the YouTube vid. Instead, I followed the anime color scheme of Cyborg Helios as seen in the Spectraccentric episode "Brotherly Love"

For this custom repaint job, you would need a Silver paint marker, red paint marker and black paint marker.
The person in the YouTube vid used a Silver Sharpie and that's what I exactly have at the moment along with a Red Gundam Marker (not pictured) and Black Pilot Twin Marker which I use for fine lines on my B-Daman.

I had my doubts for a while regarding the authenticity of this Cyborg Helios that has 680 G power. It doesn't have the usual Spinmaster serial number near its magnet and it has a lot of differences with my certified authentic Cyborg Helios that came with the Spectra Combat Set. Regardless of this guy's authenticity, he will be used as the subject for the custom repaint. 


Black Painted on...


I was avoiding to paint on the printed G Power to still exhibit this Cyborg Helios' might.


Silver painted on. 


By the way, that injury was caused by a Dragonoid Colossus gone haywire. :P
But that's carelessness on my part and Spinmaster isn't to blame.

 I was also avoiding to paint on the Pyrus attribute symbol although I have some attribute stickers on stand-by just in case.

...and we're almost done! The only thing left to do is to paint on the red parts in the wings.


This was done using a Red Gundam Marker. You can also use the said marker and the Red Pilot Twin Marker to paint on the spots that you had incorrectly painted silver or black.


...and that's it, folks! I think that I'd also do repaints of my other duplicate Bakugan, particularly those from the Resistance side such as Elfin and Ingram next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment